A Viet backpacker who wants to buy crude oil

Do not take notice of the post title. It tells you nothing.

Several weeks ago, I planned to go to Dumai City, Indonesia, before my coming birthday.
That city is definitely not a tourism city. Some travel websites event recommend that you should go out as soon as you can and if you have to stay, do not buy anything unless it is urgently required.

I knew no ways to get in/around, nothing to do, no places to visit, no special dishes to taste. So I decided to make a travel map for that city. At first it was really hard to find any interesting information. Google could hardly gives images, but it did give me the location via Google Map service.

Then little by little, I found a blog of a Thai solo backpacker who wrote a guide to get to Dumai by boat. This guy made me firmly want to carry on the trip. Because a Thai did it means a Viet can do it too, and will do it well.

After reading at least dozens of blogs (and unintentionally they were all on blogspot) with the powerful help from Google translator I get a few good info. And thank god, the local people checked-in some of the places via Foursquare, that gave me images, prices, menus...

Back to the main point, I have been created a travel map, with 2 sides, front and back.

The front side will contain a map with some marks showing the accommodations, restaurants, police stations (of course). I finished it. The back side will list some of the services such as cab, bus, massage, souvenir... I have not finished yet because of the stressful things around me these days.

Maybe I will not complete this before the trip. But I sure will update it after. Take a look at the front side of the map.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Admob for Android: Switching from Admob SDK to Google Play Services API

How to wrap a C# library for using in Java, a folk tale about an idiot coding at midnight.